The pros and cons of listing your home during the holidays.
I’d like to share some pros and cons regarding listing your home for sale during the holidays, as I’ve received inquiries from several sellers contemplating this decision. Here are some pros and cons you need to consider:
1. Continuous online exposure. The internet operates 24/7, ensuring that well-marketed homes capture significant attention even during the holiday season.
2. Reduced competition. Many sellers hesitate to list their homes during the holidays, leading to lower inventory. This can benefit sellers in a less competitive market.
3. Motivated buyers. Buyers actively looking at homes during the holidays are often more motivated, as they’re prioritizing house hunting over holiday gift shopping.
1. Holiday decorations. If your home is decorated for the holidays, it might pose a challenge in marketing, especially if the property doesn’t sell during the holidays, requiring marketing in the spring. To address this, consider taking marketing photos before decorating.
2. Maintaining tidiness. Keeping the home tidy can be more challenging, especially if you have friends or family visiting from out of town.
3. Accommodating showings. Hosting showings may be more difficult, particularly with guests in the house during the holidays.
If you’re contemplating listing your home during the holidays, I’d be happy to discuss whether it’s a suitable decision or if waiting until the new year is a better option. Feel free to reach out through a call, text, or email. Additionally, for any other real estate-related topics or questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Finally, as Thanksgiving approaches, I want to express my gratitude to all our clients, associates, and vendors. Wishing each of you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.